01/01/2014

No snow - driving my pair instead

We have still no snow here except of a few small snowflakes falling now and then, so it has been possible for me to drive my shetty pair Swinghill's Paulette and Ivanhoe av Friheten a few times since Christmas. Today we made a few changes, put Paulette on the left side and Ivanhoe on the right. It is important to change places to get the ponies used of beeing on both sides. I have also driven them without blinkers because Ivanhoe as a former trotter has been more excited with blinkers when driven single and he also wants to see what he hears. But I want them to get used to blinkers when driven in pair as I hope I can drive in weddings and happenings and then it will be safer if they don't stare at every balloon or child running etc. Paulette did not like the driving bit, butterfly I drove her yesterday with, so I also changed to normal straight bit to keep her comfortable in pair.

I had a assistant who took his job seriously :D That is Marko my husband of course...


 Concentrating, concentrating in driving...


And what a nice halt! If they only would always stay as straight!

Someone is having a happy face!

2011 in April a photo was taken at this same spot of me with my first pair Okana and Swinghill's Paulette. Okana we lost sadly in foaling 2012 so here Paulette on the left (from drivers view) is now with Ivanhoe av Friheten. I hope I will get a just as good pair of these as Paulette and Okana was.  I miss Okana very very much still, she was our first Shetland Pony and a very special one.


No comments:

Post a Comment