09/01/2015

About harness

I have been planning to buy a synthetic harness for single for a while. Mostly because I want to have it a bit easier to wash the harness though I prefer leather. We have Ideal single and pair leather harnesses so I have enough of washing already! :D

So after reading a lot of postive feedback of Zilco harness in the facebook group Shetland Pony Driving I gave it a go after I found one second hand. The harness is as new though it has been used for a year. Swinghill's Paulette was the one to test it first because on her carrige there is no loop in the end of the shaft, as the harness don't have quick relase it is not so practical to use with a carriage with loop. Driving yesterday was interesting in +0,5 degrees Celsius and heavy snowfall so the whip, pony and harness became soaken wet! Couldn't have been happier to drive synthetic instead of leather... I think the harness fitted quite well on Paulette, I'll try it on Ivanhoe today. Especially the ergonomic breastplate was very pleasing as it suited very well which I was most worried about.

Paulette must be thinking, you can't be serious to think we are going driving in this weather?!

But afterwards there was both a jolly pony and driver! And that is one of the most importat things! 

It will be interesting to see in how cold circumstanses one can drive with it, I'm a bit doubtful as we drive until it is -15 - -18C... 




No comments:

Post a Comment