14/11/2013

Driving in the best autumn weather you can wish for

Sun is shining and it's not too cold yet so today I thought I drive Verano first. He looked at me like: What? Seriously? Now??? :D



I often braid his mane as it is so long and thick it is hard to see his head position, so this is how it looked like today:

 Then off we went driving. Had Marko taking a few photos as it was so nice weather. I wanted to have a versatile traing today so first we took some photos on the road. Here you can see how badly I tried to clip him :D Well, he is the first one for me and I definitely did not want to take too much, so first I tested to clip a bit in the front, between his frontlegs and under the stomach where the harness comes... He is though swetting so much due to his unbeliveably thick coat that I'll probably have to give up and clip some more. Was planning an Irish cut but we'll see...

He sure has nice gaits I can tell!

Some of the straps are already dissapearing in his winter coat... You would not belive how thick it is!

 And then I worked him a bit in the paddock. He was quite much on the right rein today so we did circles and a bit of precision driving with my new cones.


I must tell you I'm so surprised how well he is working already with the whip after a just few days of calm training with it - it's the routine, and over and over again training so that he realized that it is not for hitting him!

I think he will turn out to be a superb driving pony... <3


Work done and back in the stable :)



2 comments:

  1. Makeelta peliltä näyttää! Millos tää nähdään kilpakentillä? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toivottavasti ensi kesänä päästäsiin ajamaan ainakin Driving classeja rotunäyttelyihin. Ohjasajoonhan Verano onkin jo osallistunut.

      Delete